What is a Telecommunication Installer/Technician?
A Telecommunication Installer/Technician installs and maintains the following:
· Residential and Commercial telephone systems including:
Structural Wiring, Electronic Key Systems and PBX
· Local Area Networks and Ethernet and Token Ring
· Voice Data Switching and CATV/CCTV
· Video Recording and Reproduction Equipment
· Sound and Security Systems
· Fiber Optics
· Underground Cabling and Integration Networks
What are the program specifics?
· Length of program – 4 years
· A minimum of 640 hours of classroom training
· A minimum of 8000 hours of on-the-job training
· Starting pay – 50% technician rate
How do I qualify?
· $10.00 application fee
· At least 17 years of age
· Possess a diploma or GED and provide High School transcripts
· Have a valid Driver’s License
· Successfully complete Algebra 1 (transcripts required)
. Sit for Aptitude Test
What will be helpful to succeed?
· Above average reading ability
· Algebra, geometry, trigonometry
· Physical Science
· Mechanical drawing and blueprint reading
Where do I apply?
Charlie Kenser/Chris Fridel
Cincinnati Area Electricians JATC
5455 Glenway Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45238
(513) 281-6924, Fax (513) 281-6934
Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Page Last Updated: Nov 03, 2020 (10:40:14)